Monday 21 May 2012

Nigel Grounded ...... Probably Forever!

Andy has grounded Nigel, probably forever!  We had chicken for Sunday lunch yesterday and Nigel, who had Marcel round to play, had shown an unnatural and therefore suspious amount of  interest in the plastic tray the aforementioned chicken had come in. We were sure we'd put it in the recycling box along with another and wondered where they had gone later in the afternoon ......
We soon found out when we heard Andy yelling .........
....... after he found that Nigel and Marcel had turned his fish pond into an impromtu boating lake ....
They were having so much fun .......
.....  in fact we thought it was quite funny ...... and it was hard to keep our faces straight as Andy bellowed at them .... to "Get out and get out now!"
However we don't think Nigel heard him straight away as he then decided to mount one of Andy's ducks............ in an attempt to emulate a swan boat ride he'd seen on one of our trips out. 
By now both Darrell and I had turned a bluey/purple colour from trying not to laugh out aloud .......
..... while Andy was bluey/purple with rage!
Marcel was sent home tout suite and Nigel was sent to his room to robustly consider the health and safety implications of his foolhardy behaviour ...... what is he like??

5 comments:

Mr.D said...

Made me laugh out loud!
I'm sure mounting a duck is illegal, indoor or outdoor.

Di said...

Snort - just spluttered tea right down my cleavage here :) Sooo funny - and Mr D's comment just made it worse. I'm off to get changed now!

Di
xx

Anonymous said...

TuT TuT!!! I have just caught up today, my oh my what has been going on in the Watergate affair???? Such high jinks from these juniours, I blame the parents myself. No control. I shake my head is disbelief. JantheFan

Anonymous said...

Look at that happy little face! But, oh my, the fish pond is definitely not your neighborhood boating waterway and guaranteed to bring wrath from above! Nigel does have enough charm to bring laughter and a smile no matter what....Gotta Love him..Dianne

marc said...

do you scold him becuase he has misbehaved or praise his ingenious eye at seeing things like boats and for using his imagination at least he is not indoors playing xbox or torturing small animals and seting fire to his room he is just being a well balanced boy and as they say boys will be boys made me smile lots big love Marc